Are you a Portland Trail Blazers fan? Do you enjoy conversing with other fans? Do you like write? Do you want to know what other fans have to say? Would you like to see your opinions shared on the front page of an Official Portland Trail Blazers website? If you answered yes to any of these questions then you have found your outlet!
The Trail Blazers Blogger Network is a forum where fans can come to express thoughts and opinions on everything Trail Blazers. A blog, short for weblog, is a journal, story or photo posted on-line and accessible to all users of the internet. From observations of current games and the daily news to discussions on how NBA contracts and player signings work, the goal of this network is to inspire and encourage expanded fan interaction.
Here you will find the official blogs of Broadcasters Mike Barrett, Mike Rice and Brian “Wheels” Wheeler, Digital Reporter Casey Holdahl, Blogger Network Coordinator Sarah Hecht, and fans just like you! When you write a post in the Blogger Network, your work is available for all to see. If your post makes a strong point or is a fabulous conversation-starter, you may see it moved to the front page!
Members of the Trail Blazers Blogger Network have the ability to customize their pages and posts to express their individuality while threading their work into an easy to navigate community.
New to blogging? Have no fear, here are a few tips and tricks on how to blog successfully:
- Have an opinion and express it succinctly and in a straight-forward manner
- Write passionately
- Give sources credit, linking back to an original article is a great way to do this
- Edit, edit, edit
- Pose questions to your readers to generate conversation
- Find your voice, readers come back because they like how you write, so keep it real
- Post consistently, 2-3 posts per week will help you gain a solid readership